.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not As Good As Pork Cracklins

misadventures in cooking

Sunday, May 15, 2011

French Macarons



America has fallen in love with French macarons. Shouldn't we go to Paris and stand in line at Ladurée as we are meant to? But no. They are everywhere. Every bakery has to have them. Every magazine has to have an article about them. And god knows, if you have a food blog, you have to blog them. Resistance is futile. I swear I tried.

So, French macarons with mocha fudge filling.

I'd like to say that I've had my fun and I'm done. I'm not. I could pretend it's because I have an expensive bag of Bob's Red Mill almond flour to use up. But in truth, it's because my first attempt didn't rise high enough and I didn't pipe my circles very circularly. I want to make some fun flavor-color matches. Like cherry-pink. Nutella-brown. Pistachio-green. And lemon-yellow!! How could I *not* make lemon-yellow macarons??

5 Comments:

At 5/15/2011 6:34 PM, Blogger Jess said...

I would be more than happy to make any or all of those flavors with you. I will even bring my own piping bag and bottles of extract... :) they do look lovely though!

 
At 5/15/2011 7:31 PM, Blogger RuthWells said...

This was your first try? They look terrific!

 
At 5/16/2011 7:16 AM, Blogger Monica said...

Wait....you made these after I left? Hopefully they made your list "things to make again". : )

 
At 5/29/2011 7:18 AM, Anonymous Anna said...

I couldn't bring myself to pay $12 for the almond flour. Cheap, I know. I may buy some almonds and grind it myself in the coffee grinder.

 
At 6/20/2011 11:07 AM, Anonymous SallyBR said...

They look absolutely professional!

I never attempted to make macarons, they intimidate me.

Nice job!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home